Hi, I'm Neal. I specialize in building user interfaces but enjoy all things tech. You can connect with me on LinkedIn or check me out on GitHub!
Bachelor's degree in I.T. Innovation
University of Nebraska, Omaha
August 2010 - May 2014
- Signals Analytics Project Lead.
- Leading architecture decisions and standards for the SparkPost client application.
- Support and maintain unit and integration testing for the SparkPost client application via Jest and Cypress.
- Maintain CircleCI and AWS build tools and pipelines for all SparkPost front-end projects.
- Participate in on-call rotation every few weeks.
- Support and fix security vulnerabilities to help SparkPost for SOC2 compliance.
- Translating business requirements into Jira tickets. Frequently delegate tasks and responsibilities to help meet project expectations.
- Maintain AWS infrastructure using Terraform for all Sparkpost Front-End projects.
- Integrated segment and mixpanel tracking into the SparkPost client application.
- Leading UI/UX product consistency and standards throughout the entire development process.
- Actively work with IT leadership to translate business requirements into functional user experiences.
- Build simple and reusable front-end components to keep architecture and organization maintainable.
- Maintain and improve standards and code quality.
- Manage Front-End build processes using Node, NPM scripts, Grunt, WebPack, and custom in-house build tools.
- Actively maintian automated tests using Ava and Cypress.
- Lead Front-End Developer.
- Lead developer responsible for the Skin Specialists Omaha website rebuild.
- Lead developer responsible for the LovelySkin Spa website rebuild.
- Managed build processes using NPM scripts, Gulp, and WebPack.
- Created user experiences based on designer specifications.
- Worked with Visual Studio and ASP .NET MVC to update the LovelySkin.com website.
- Worked with project managers, product owners, and UX/UI team members to meet customer needs.
- Practiced user-oriented and agile development.
- Participated in user training and prototype feedback sessions.
- Implemented predictive search API for the Hayneedle.com.
Ervin & Smith
- Worked with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to turn design files into functional web pages.
- Aided the lead developer in creating a Word Press website for the company.
- Created an initializer website to help speed up development time for an email campaign.
Technologies utilized: Adobe Suite, Sublime Text, FTP Clients (CyberDuck), Command Line (Vim), Version Control (Cornerstone), Microsoft Word and Excel, Email Campaign Services (Campaign Monitor), MAMP, Apache, and WordPress.
Libraries & Frameworks
- Google Cloud